H&R BlockCategory - Tax Return
H&R Block Reviews and Product Details
H&R Block is a well-established tax return service. Each year, it helps thousands of customers easily file their taxes. The platform covers various tax situations including reporting capital gains/losses, retirement income, and self-employed expenses. H&R Block scans your return for any credits or deductions missed. With the Automatic Calculations feature, you can maximize return or minimize the amount owing. Once you have finished entering your information, H&R Block provides a detailed review of your tax credits and claims. Some other features and capabilities of note include:
- Simplified workflow built for business owners and professionals.
- Claim dependent transfers and credits.
- Organize tax docs for up to six years.
The Canadian and U.S. versions of H&R Block have similar plans. However, the U.S. version offers more plans and add-ons (e.g., Tax Identity Shield). Canadian users can only select between four options: Free Online, Deluxe, Premium, and Self-Employed. For this review, we focused on Canadian pricing. To view H&R Block pricing for the U.S., click here.
- Live virtual assistance from tax experts
- Covers multiple tax situations
- Optimize tax deductions and return
- Prepare multiple returns
- Organize tax documents
- Import tax slips
- Automatic tax caluclations
- Keyword search
- Data encryption
- IRS/CRA/ Revenue Québec certified