Teladoc HealthCategory - Telehealth
Teladoc Health Reviews and Product Details
Teladoc Health is one of the oldest telehealth companies in existence. It was launched in 2002 in Dallas, Texas, U.S. The goal of Teledoc Health is to make healthcare accessible to everyone across the world. The software gives patients access to healthcare professionals in multiple clinical specialties: physicians, dermatologists, dietitians, and many more.
There are five main service categories on Teladoc Health.
- General Medical: This service treats minor ailments like cold, flu, sinus infections, and allergies.
- Primary 360: Patients consult with a primary care provider for checkups, ongoing wellness needs, and referrals. The goal is to create a personalized connection between doctor and patient.
- Mental Health: You can schedule an appointment with a therapist or psychiatrist for challenges like anxiety, depression and stress. Patients can also have an expert review their existing mental health diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Specialist & Expert Opinion: Specialists will evaluate an existing condition or give advice on your medical concerns. For example, a patient can upload photos of a skin condition to Teladoc and a dermatologist will provide a custom treatment plan.
- Wellness Care: This category deals with areas such as nutrition, sexual health, back and joint care, and tobacco cessation. Teladoc doctors will provide support, treatment plans, and other helpful information.
Teladoc’s communication services include video calls, phone calls, instant messaging, and emails. Sometimes, you will not need to meet with a healthcare professional. You can simply upload photos or fill out a request form. You will receive a response from a doctor within a few days.
There are no plans with Teladoc. Users sign up for an account and are informed if Teladoc is covered by their employer or health plan. If a person is not eligible for Teladoc through their insurance, certain Teladoc services can still be accessed. However, a flat rate per visit will be charged. Even with insurance, users can still be charged a fee. Prices can be as high as $299. The amount depends on the service requested and the insurance plan. For example, with insurance, a General Medical visit can cost as low as $0. Without insurance, the visit would cost $75.
- Virtual waiting room
- Video conferencing
- HIPAA Compliant
- Instant message chat
- Clinical documentation
- Online prescription
- Appointment scheduling
Teladoc Health pricing
No set plansPrices depend on service, type of insurance/benefits you have.Learn more